The Office of Financial Institution Adjudication (OFIA) is strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information.
Personal Information you share with us
Submitting personal identifiable information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary and is not required to access information on our website.
- If you choose to provide such information, we will use the information that you provide to respond to your message and/or help us get you the information or services you request.
- We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your question relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law (for example, if required by a Freedom of Information Act request, court order, or Congressional access request, or if authorized by a Privacy Act System of Records Notice).
Non-Personal Information collected and stored automatically
We do collect limited information about visits to the OFIA website. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our website and identify performance or problem areas. Authorized individuals may also use this information to help us develop the site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. The information that is automatically collected and stored concerning your visit includes:
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (such as, fdic.gov if you are connecting from the FDIC domain)
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you visit on the OFIA website
- your internet protocol (IP) address
- the address of the website you came from if it linked you directly to the OFIA website
- search terms that you enter into the OFIA website search tool
OFIA does not use this information to track the browsing of individuals who access the site. This information is primarily collected for statistical analysis and technical improvements to the site and to make it more useful for you.
Children and privacy
OFIA is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. We do not have information specifically for children on our website. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13.
Links to other sites